Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 8 - Food Log

Wow, more than a week under our belts and this is actually getting easier for me!

It's amazing how actually GOOD I feel. Not dragging anymore from lack of processed sugars, I wake up feeling pretty refreshed, I'm not as stressed about doing all the prep work on food, it seems I've gotten in a routine!

The crazy thing is when I thought today about what food I miss most, it was actually none of the ones I eat a lot. The idea of really sugarry things is almost gross now, as I contemplate how they'll make me feel.

I really want to be able to add rice to my meals, which is weird because I barely ate rice anyways, and can't remember the last time I prepared it myself.

Praise God for the breaking of dependence on all that stuff that ruled me before.

My finger is healing up pretty good and I'm going to get a workout in either tonight or early morning tomorrow for the first time since last Tuesday and am eager to see how the diet affects my performance.

3 comments:

  1. I agree...I had already given up wheat, so oatmeal was the last grain for me to give up. And the only sugar I was consuming was from my beloved atomic fireballs...and I don't miss them now.

    But the best thing has been that Byron has quit snoring since giving up grains -- really, praise the Lord!

    breakfast: fruit bowl and turkey slices

    lunch: salad -- greens, slivered almonds, chopped veggies, chopped turkey, olives, "pickled" cucumbers & onions, garlic viniagrette

    snacks: almonds, raisins, banana, pecans

    dinner: paleo meatloaf, roasted cauliflower, steamed broccoli, 1/2 baked sweet potato

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast:

    Two bacon & Egg tacos at Taco C minus the tortillas + Pico + Avocado and an orange

    Lunch:

    pan fried peppercorn steak, steamed veggies (green beans, peppers, onions, squash carrots)

    Dinner:

    Fajitas minus rice, beans, cheese and torilla obviously,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious mom! Also I'm totally gonna use the meatloaf recipe!

    ReplyDelete