Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 14 - What's working for me!

Actually, pretty much the whole concept of Paleo/Whole 30 is working because of the following:

  • The only grains I had to give up were corn and oats...and I honestly have not missed them.
  • I was already a fruit and vegetable "freak" so that has helped immensely
  • For years, I have done major food prep on Sunday afternoons and that, to me, seems to be the saving grace with this whole idea...lots of peeling, chopping, preparing, storing, and freezing so that there is no excuse to reach for the "wrong" thing. (Today I am making Butternut Squash soup, Papa's Easy Gumbo, and Stuffed Bell Peppers.)
  • With some diligence, one can find gluten-free, sugar-free products at Sprouts, Whole Foods, Central Market, evne HEB and online. Who knew there was a gluten free Worcestershire Sauce???
  • And my lovely Rubbermaid containers...could not do this without them! Last night, I cut up strawberries, kiwi, and oranges, then mixed in blackberries, and blueberries for our breakfast fruit salads for the next several days. Quick tip -- blackberries and blueberries freeze well and retain their texture when thawed...so I buy them in bulk, wash 'em, freeze 'em, then add the amount I want to a fruit dish.
  • And I am finally beginning to enjoy green tea without sweetner.

1 comment:

  1. I guess I missed a day or something, but seeing as this is day 14 I'll post what I've eaten and what I plan on eating.

    Breakfast - three scrambled eggs, half avocado, and veggies of some sort

    Lunch - same as dinner from last night

    Dinner - Butternut Squash soup and stuffed bell peppers (both incredible, and worth the effort)

    ReplyDelete